POSTED March 19th, 2018
Facility Operations Manager
The Manager, Facilities Operations provides direct leadership and is accountable for the overall administrative, operational, financial and technical plant engineering and operational activities for plant operations, maintenance and grounds function at the assigned facility(s). Ensures reliable and efficient operation of central utility plant services; develops, directs and ensures completion of building, grounds and equipment maintenance and repairs; initiates and directs renovation and capital improvement projects as required; serves as a liaison with other departments in support of capital improvements within their responsible areas. Develops and manages the operating expenses, budget, staffing and capital equipment/improvements.
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 27273. EOE
POSTED FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Safety and Emergency Management Director
FirstHealth of the Carolinas
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Celebrating more than 80 years of service, FirstHealth of the Carolinas is one of the region’s largest and most dynamic health care employers. We are seeking a Safety and Emergency Management Director to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate safety and EM programs and policies in accordance with TJC, OSHA and local/state/federal requirements. This role also serves as Bioterrorism rep/coordinator, preparing, coordinating and maintaining contingency plans as required, and conducts safety education for new employee orientation and ongoing employee safety programs/classes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Safety/Emergency Management or related field; Master’s preferred
· Four years of experience in safety and emergency management in a health care environment; at least one year in a leadership role preferred
· Knowledge base to join North Carolina Healthcare Engineering Association within one year of hire
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Life Safety and NFPA codes, OSHA and Joint Commission standards and construction processes
· FEMA course certification: IS.100, IS.200, IS.700, IS.800, ICS.300, ICS.400
· Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program training, Human Subject Protections certification and OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations training
· Designation as Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) and affiliation with the American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
Take the first step toward an exceptional career.
If you’re interested in taking your career—your life—in a new direction, then it’s time to explore all that’s important to you. Is it working with top professionals who share your commitment to integrity? Is it finding an environment that’s conducive to challenge, satisfaction and growth? Is it living in a beautiful location that provides a wonderful lifestyle? At FirstHealth, we’re proud to call the mid-Carolinas home, and we’re excited to offer you the chance to do the same.
Apply online directly at: